Sweet Jesus, it's Kite Hill Nut Cheeses!


I have been waiting for Kite Hill nut milk cheeses to come out for what feels like an eternity, though it's really only been a few weeks, and boy oh boy, are they worth the wait! When they say "Artisanal nut milk based cheeses of remarkable craftsmanship", they're not kidding! I know it wasn't long ago that I was all swoonerific over Punk Rawk Labs cheeses, and don't get me wrong, those are still great, but Tal Ronnen's new line of vegan cheeses takes everything to a whole other level. Like his gourmet vegan recipes, his new cheeses are above and beyond good. They're grrrrreat!


I made a special trip to Whole Foods today, not really needing anything but dying to see if they had Kite Hill in stock yet. After perusing the fancy cheese section and not seing it, I was sad...for real. I asked the cheese guy and after looking at me like I was crazy for a half a second (very common for us vegans), he composed himself and took me right to it! It was nestled in with the "real" fancy cheeses, not in a separate part of the store with the rest of the non-dairy cheeses, which I though was kind of a big deal! Making strides into the mainstream cannot be a bad thing. I snatched up the White Adler, which is a soft, velvety, mild cheese that literally melts in your mouth, as well as the Costanoa, a semi-soft white cheese dusted with paprika and fennel pollen. Whoa.


The second I walked in the door, and after taking a few "artsy"snaps, I busted into them and Oh. My. GOD. They are both amazing. AMAZING!!! According to the little note that was enclosed in the White Adler package, the closer you get to the 'best by' date, the more pungent it gets and the firmer the rind becomes. April 30th in the date stamped on the side. I somehow doubt it will last that long. In fact, it'll be a miracle if they aren't both gone before the weekend is over! Whatevs, I'll just get more! At $13.99 and $14.99, they are on par with Punk Rawk Labs prices...cheaper even than some of theirs. Totally doable in my opinion.


If your Whole Foods carries these, I highly suggest going and getting them right now! You won't be disappointed!

Comments